I like the Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard, and here’s how I’ve configured it to work well on my Mac:
In System Preferences->Keyboard select “Modifier Keys…” and enter these settings – be sure you’ve selected “Microsoft Nano Transceiver” at the top:
I’ve remapped Caps Lock to Escape using Seil because I’m a vim user, so you can ignore the Caps Lock setting if you actually use Caps Lock as Caps Lock.
Now the Sculpt keyboard’s Alt key is like the Apple key, the Windows key is like Alt/Option, and Control is unchanged.
Additionally, I wanted to use the Sculpt’s Home and End keys to actually go the the top and bottom (or start and end) of things, so I installed Karabiner and selected For PC Users->”Use PC Style Home/End #2″:
I hope that works for you, too!
Here’s a free business idea for Amazon: AMAZON CLOUD PRINTING.
It solves the problem of people who need a high quality printout without having to buy an expensive commercial printer or drive to a copy store, like an animal.
Here’s how it works:
- You request AMAZON CLOUD PRINTING online.
- An AMAZON DRONE flies an AMAZON LARGE COMMERCIAL PRINTER to your location.
- Please open the window first, and then demolish the wall. It’s a big printer. You’ll have about 10 minutes to do this after submitting your AMAZON CLOUD PRINTING request. AMAZON CLOUD PRINTING is not responsible for damage or injury.
- The AMAZON DRONE waits for you to plug in the AMAZON LARGE COMMERCIAL PRINTER and load it with AMAZON COMMERCIAL PRINTER PAPER (not included).
- The AMAZON DRONE waits for you to unplug AMAZON ECHO, if present. AMAZON DRONE requires all of your attention. AMAZON DRONE is all you need.
- The AMAZON DRONE takes the file to print from you on an AMAZON USB THUMB DRIVE.
- The AMAZON DRONE prints the file on the AMAZON LARGE COMMERCIAL PRINTER.
- The AMAZON DRONE hands you the printout.
- You pay the AMAZON DRONE.
- Cash only. No change given.
- The AMAZON DRONE will count the money in front of you.
- The AMAZON DRONE then enters its WAIT-FOR-TIPPING mode.
- It remains in this mode until you tip it, or until the INCENSED-DRONE-TIMEOUT is reached.
- Depending on the WAIT-FOR-TIPPING mode outcome, the AMAZON DRONE leaves with the AMAZON LARGE COMMERCIAL PRINTER using the original entry point, or a new one.
The first computer went into space on March 25, 1965, according to this PragPub article by Dan Wohlbruck: http://www.pragprog.com/magazines/2010-08/when-did-that-happen
It took 12 more years to launch Pigs in Space: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Pigs_in_Space
Only history can judge which was the greater accomplishment.